Saturday, December 10, 2011

Personal Post 8 (reflection) ((Not Fade Away))

This semester has been filled with ups and downs. I have learned a lot about Crisis Informatics, most importantly probably is what it means. Also important is how it affects the day to day life. While at times I felt I was in a philosophy class trying to figure out life's great mysteries with no certain answers I am glad I took this class. I was afforded a look few have had into this crazy mixed up world of Crisis and communications. We have had guest speakers that are like rock stars in the community and it was mind boggling to have them re-work their schedules and take time out of their days to come and want to talk to us. The same people that talk to governments and multimillion and billion dollar corporations wanted to talk to 20 college kids.


I was thinking about this class and I was going to make this post about all I have learned this semester but screw that you know that. This is a photo from the last scene of my favorite tv show Angel, it was a spin off of Buffy and the last episode was called Not Fade Away, the last line is the show as the characters are about to face their impending doom is epic. Angel says when asked what the plan is: "Well personally I kind of want to slay the dragon. Let's go to work." That's it if nothing else this class has helped me be able to pick out and recognize problems and more importantly think critically about them in terms of trying to solver them. It has also taught me to work within the scope of an organization and make a solution that works for them. It might not be the best solution but it is what is best for them. If we can get more organizations to do that that would be great especially if we can get them to incorporate social media.

Also to me the Not Fade Away is a motivator. It is in a couple of songs a few quotes it's absolutely brilliant and it's how I live my life. "Burn Out, Not Fade Away." I go 110 miles an hour all the time. I do everything I can everyday for the people I care about. I do everything to the best of my abilities and that is the best I can do. I work hard to not be a burden to my mom and sister that is important to me. I am always there for my friends which leads to a lot of late nights. If I saw me posting this late I would assume I was drunk but my roommate had a lot on his mind and I tried to help him talk it out for a few hours. I am trying to make sure my blog post are as good as they can be and as different as they can be. I also tried my best in your class. I will do my best in the real world too to help out and fix things. I want to be able to be remembered for doing something great which probably wont happen but most of all I just don't want to be forgotten. I want to have an impact on someone's life and I will if I keep giving it my all all the time.

"I walk with heavy footsteps because I plan on leaving an imprint on this Earth." Go ahead and google that, you wont find it that's an original by me. I know I may not have always done the best work or had the best temperament but I tried my hardest in your class. I tried to understand and at times I feel like I did. I got a lot out of it like I said. Most of all is always thinking critically and looking at a problem from every angle. I will use the skills I acquired in your class everyday hopefully to make complex situations easier and also hopefully I will retain some of the knowledge. Thank you again for this semester and good luck with your research.

We Are the Champions

No comments:

Post a Comment